Ankle Leather Martin Black All Boots TDA Men's Casual Match xHnYZFXq
Climatic extremes coupled with a complex mix of unique and frequently fragile ecosystems and a variety of human activities in the rangelands produces a suite of interesting and sometimes difficult management challenges.
In Australia's Federal system of government national policy is the responsibility of the Australian Government but primary responsibility for land and natural resource management rests with State and Territory governments.
- National Land and Water Resources Audit, Rangelands
- National Land and Water Resources Audit, Dryland salinity
- Australian Government, Department of Defence
Managing the Rangelands
Life in the rangelands goes on largely hidden from the view of most Australians. However, rangeland ecosystems, like all others, are dynamic and in a constant state of change. Australia's rangelands are also subject to a great diversity of land uses and differences in the intensity of land use. Traditional pastoral industries increasingly share the rangelands with mining activity, more intensive forms of agriculture, tourism and recreation, and a steadily increasing biodiversity conservation estate.
The ACRIS report, Rangeland's 2008-Taking the Pulse, has produced data that can guide improved management responses and interventions.
Black Martin Match Leather Men's All Ankle TDA Casual Boots Most pastoral lands are leased from governments. Pastoralists contribute to the national economy and manage vast tracts of the rangelands. Almost half of the nation's cattle herd are raised on the rangelands.
- Beef CRC
- Tropical Savannas CRC Casual Leather All Martin Men's Match Boots Black Ankle TDA
- Desert Knowledge CRC
Dryland and irrigation-based agriculture have long been practiced in the rangelands, particularly in the Murray-Darling Basin, where rangeland ecosystems comprise 90% of the land area.
More than 40% of all the farms in Australia are located in the Murray-Darling Basin and it yields close to 45% of total national crop production. Agriculture tends to occur in highly productive pockets of the rangelands, in contrast to pastoralism, where enterprises are often spread across vast areas.
- KemeKiss Spring Flat Boots Zipper Red Leisure with Women Short Winter wrvxZFwqE
- Agriculture Australia
- Agriculture - NSW Department of Primary Industries
- Queensland Government : Agriculture
- Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia
- Policy: SA: Agriculture
- Irrigation AustraliaMartin Ankle Leather Boots Black All Casual Men's TDA Match
- Northern Australia Irrigation Futures project (NAIF)
- Murray-Darling Basin
- Kimberley Development Commission - Ord River Irrigation Scheme
- Science to improve Australia's irrigation systems (Overview)
The Australian minerals sector is a major producer of the world's key minerals commodities. Over the five years to 2006-07, minerals industry exports have totalled over A$300 billion. Much of this activity is located in the rangelands.
- Department of Industry, Tourism and Resources (resources and energy business Keen Boat Women's Shoe Lilac Chiffon Maderas qrgdxFwqE
- Minerals Council of Australia
Rangelands or outback tourism in Australia is continually growing in popularity and economic importance. It extends across five jurisdictions - Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and the Northern Territory. Indigenous communities and enterprises are becoming a significant presence in outback tourism.
Indigenous people have primary responsibility for managing 27% of the rangelands. This increases to more than 36%, or close to 2,300,000 square kilometres, when combined with all those areas over which indigenous people have some level of recognised interest.
Indigenous people continue to hunt and gather on their lands but are increasingly participating in the broader economy through mining, pastoralism, bush foods and tourism enterprises as well as assuming land and sea stewardship responsibilities for environmental protection.
- Indigenous Affairs Resources
- CSIRO, Centre for Arid Zone Research Soft Brown 8 B US PU Pumps Material Platform Wedge Solid Closed High Heel Womens M Jane Mary Toe Round WeiPoot RaxC8qZ
- Working with Indigenous Knowledge in Natural Resource Management
- Indigenous enterprise development
- Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation
- Northern Land Council, Caring for Country Unit
- Central Land Council
- The Centralian Land Management Association
- Outback Spirit Bush Foods
Australia's two largest river basin systems, the Murray-Darling Basin and the Lake Eyre Basin cover more than one third of the continent and are located largely within the rangelands. Some of the thousands of wetlands in these river basins have been listed under the international Convention on Wetlands (Ramsar Convention, Iran, 1977). The Great Artesian Basin keeps water dependent rangelands industries functioning through drought and good seasons.
- Oxford Men's Black Holy Cole Smoke REACTION Kenneth XHBwnF8xq
- Great Artesian Basin
- Murray Darling Basin Commission
- Murray Darling, Natural Resource Management
- Ramsar Convention on Wetlands
The Australian Government Department of the Environment and Water Resources has responsibility for implementing several key initiatives and legislation. The Sates and Territories, retain major legislative responsibilities for water management.